Updated: Jan 4
Bruising - if you treat the bruise as soon as you notice it, I find it either prevents is from getting worse when they leave. I grab a cotton pad, soak it it cold water, then compress the bruise for around 1-2 minutes.
Swelling - Arnica cream can help with swelling as well as a cool compress
Herpetic Outbreak - It is recommended to advise your client to start taking their Anti-herpetic medication a few days before their appointment and a few days after to prevent and outbreak
Nerve damage - Although rare. if this occurs, your client may need oral steroids, so seek advise from your prescribe. Facial electrotherapy may help to stimulate the nerve endings
Lumps and Bumps - If these occur early on then massage may resolve. If it does not resolve then Hyaluronidase 150U/mL (be aware of possible allergic reactions).
Vascular Complication - The two primary diagnostic symptoms of a vascular occlusion are pain and changes in skin colour. The objective is to facilitate blood flow to the affected area. Treatment include hyaluronidase, warm compress, massaging and Aspirin.
Tyndall Effect - Hyaluronidase 150U/mL (be aware of possible allergic reactions).
Preparing Hyaluronidase in the Event of an Emergency ONLY
- Draw up 1ml of saline from a 5ml vial into a syringe
_ Inject the 1 mil of saline into the hyaluronidase 1500lU ampule and rotate the vial to ensure it is fully dissolved
_ Draw up the 1ml of hyaluronidase back into the syringe and return it to the remaining now 4ml of saline in the saline vial. Agitate gently to ensure it is mixed
· The practitioner should get consent from their client
· Inject hyaluronidase along the course of the vessel which is compromised.
· The needle should be perpendicular (90°) to the skin and several injections are often necessary. Use up all of the 1500 units over the entire area.
· Massage the treated area quite vigorously to optimise the result and aid mechanical breakdown and apply heat to help dilate the vessels to return blood flow.
· Re assess after 1 hour and check capillary refill
· If unresolved, you can repeat at hourly intervals, up to 4 cycles.
· If resolved, arrange follow up and appropriate aftercare
If you appreciate the tips provided, give us a like on the little heart icon. Even better, share to your friends to support the time and effort we have contributed to provide you with these free Tips and advice.
If you are wanting to train with us, check out our course below:
Written by Angela Blemmings
EyeCandy Training Ltd